Technology companies work on bringing changes that shape how things work in the future. They work in an environment that is dynamic and rapidly changing. In order to capitalize on market opportunities and grow in a marketplace that is global and increasingly competitive, technology companies must have a strong understanding of their over financial resources and opportunities and how to best navigate the ever-changing and complex financial, accounting and tax issues.
We at Hagen, Kurth, and Perman have the practical and technical expertise to help companies and individuals involved in the technology industry with current answers to their immediate problems and work in planning and implementing strategies for long-term success.
Our services specific to the technology industry include:
- Consulting on choice of structure of entities – both for domestically owned and foreign owned entities.
- Advising on issues related to equity based compensation for corporations and flow-through entities.
- Revenue recognition within the technology industry.
- Federal and state level tax incentives!
- Research and experimental tax credits
- Domestic production activity deductions
- Energy tax credits
- Interest Charge-Domestic International Sales Corporations (IC-DISC)
- Multi-state tax issues for e-commerce companies and software providers
- Foreign issues- including tax credits, intellectual property, and transfer pricing issues
- Deprecation / expensing of website and software development costs
- Tax and financial planning related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
As a member of the Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA), Hagen, Kurth, & Perman and Company is an active participant and a supporter and an advocate of the technology industry in the greater Puget Sound area.