Join the HKP Team!
Hagen, Kurth, Perman & Co., P.S. (HKP) based in Seattle, was established in 1974 by a small team of accountants dedicated to supporting clients by helping them navigate the increasingly complex world of accounting. At HKP, you won’t be just another accountant – you’ll be a trusted team member helping to provide the high-touch client service on which HKP was founded.
We are passionate about our relationships with our team and clients, and seeing our staff thrive in a continual learning environment. In 2021, we were named one of the Top 25 Accounting Firms in the Puget Sound by the Puget Sound Business Journal, and one of the top 400 firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting.
We are presently looking for a Tax Supervisor with the ability and desire for continued growth. This position works with individuals and closely held/owner-managed businesses in a range of industries. This opportunity includes frequent client contact and a team-based, big-picture approach to client services.
Successful candidates should exhibit leadership skills, technical knowledge, the ability to build new relationships with clients as their valued advisor and communicate well with clients and staff.
To thrive in this position, at a minimum, you should:
- Appreciate working in a small team environment, so your work has a big impact.
- Welcome a collegial atmosphere with high degree of collaboration, not competitiveness.
- Want to work directly with clients and firm leaders, including Partners.
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Hold a Bachelor or Master’s in Taxation and/or Accounting.
- Have a current CPA license.
- Exhibit strong, in-depth knowledge of accounting and tax principles.
- Be savvy with industry software applications.
- Have 4+ years of current public accounting experience in Taxation.
- Demonstrate multiple concurrent project management.
- Possess the ability to recognize opportunities, develop and maintain referral contacts.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills and the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
We will take care of you too, with benefits that include health/dental/vision, paid vacation and sick leave, a profit-sharing plan, CPE, telecommuting opportunities, dress-for-your-day environment, and 8 paid holidays a year.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, and/or veteran status.
We appreciate your interest in our firm and in joining our team!
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to:
We will be in touch with qualified candidates for the next step. As the HKP team continues to work remotely at this time, interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.