Tax Seasonal Staff
Are you on a CPA career path and looking for an opportunity to join a well-established firm to gain valuable experience during tax season?
Hagen, Kurth, Perman & Co., P.S. has a well-established history in downtown Seattle, with a welcoming culture and opportunities for growth with a strong team. HKP is a local firm that provides a full range of tax, accounting, audit and wealth transition services to closely held businesses, their owners as well as families and individuals with resources. We are committed to partnering with our clients to help them navigate the increasingly complex world of accounting.
In 2018, we were named one of the Top 25 Accounting Firms in the Puget Sound by the Puget Sound Business Journal. We were recently named one of the top 400 firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting.
This is your opportunity to gain valuable career development experience by collaborating with our accounting professionals who are interested in you and your future. We have limited temporary positions available for the upcoming tax season (1/28/19 – 4/16/19). You should consider this opportunity if you are enthusiastic about client relationships and value continual learning.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities to gain hands-on experience with tax returns and a variety of tax situations
- Small team environment, so your work has a big impact
- Collegial atmosphere with high degree of collaboration, not competitiveness
- Work directly with firm leaders, including Owners and Managers
- Multiple training opportunities, including top ranked industry software programs, CPE and tax law
- Increase your research and problem-solving skills
- Develop valuable connections within the industry
- Dress for Your Day environment
What you bring to HKP:
- At minimum, working toward a degree in Accounting; Master of Taxation or Accounting preferred
- Prior public tax accounting experience is a plus, not a requirement
- Licensed CPA or CPA eligible preferred, but not required
- Candidates must demonstrate a good understanding of double entry accounting, with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to work in a diverse team
- Savvy with software applications
A reimbursement allowance towards monthly parking or bus pass is available. The experience and end of season business opportunities are different each year; some seasonal staff have the opportunity to transition to full time status with HKP, while some like to return for multiple tax seasons only. Others return to school or move on to other opportunities at the end of tax season with enhanced skills.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to:
We will be in touch with qualified candidates for the next step.