Join the expanding HKP Team!
We are presently looking for a Tax Manager with 6+ years of current public accounting experience in taxation with the ability and desire for continued growth. This position works with individuals and closely held/owner-managed businesses in a range of industries. This opportunity incorporates the ability to exhibit leadership skills and technical knowledge, with the ability to build relationships with clients as their valued advisor and with colleagues in a collaborative team-based environment.
Hagen, Kurth, Perman & Co., P.S. (HKP) based in Seattle, was established in 1974 by a small team of accountants dedicated to supporting clients by helping them navigate the increasingly complex world of accounting. At HKP, you won’t be just another accountant – you’ll be a trusted team member helping to provide the high-touch client service on which HKP was founded.
We are passionate about our relationships with our team and clients, and seeing our staff thrive in a continual learning environment. In 2022, we were named one of the top US Tax Firms by Forbes Magazine, and Top 20 Accounting Firms in the Puget Sound by the Puget Sound Business Journal.
Successful candidates thrive in this position when they:
- Enjoy working directly with clients and firm leaders to maintain client relationships.
- Exhibit strong, in-depth knowledge of accounting and tax principles, including the ability to identify opportunities for problem solving complex taxation issues.
- Demonstrate project management skills via technical review of multiple concurrent individual and entity income tax returns.
- Are savvy with industry software applications.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills, mentoring staff, and the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Hold a Bachelor or Master’s in Taxation and/or Accounting.
- Have a current CPA license.
- Appreciate opportunities for continued professional skill development and cultivating referral contacts.
- Welcome a collegial atmosphere with high degree of collaboration, not competitiveness.
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
We will take care of you too, with benefits that include health/dental/vision, three weeks paid vacation, sick leave, a profit-sharing plan, CPE, dress-for-your-day environment, and nine paid holidays a year. HKP offers a flexible hybrid remote/in-office work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, and/or veteran status.
We appreciate your interest in our firm and in joining our team!
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We will be in touch with qualified candidates for the next step. As many on our team work remotely, interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.