At Hagen, Kurth, Perman & CO. PS, we understand how important it is to have a good plan to succeed. With the large Federal and Washington State estate exemptions, many people think they do not need formal estate documents. Did you know that if you die without a written plan, the State of Washington will determine who will raise your children, how your assets will be distributed and who will manage your financial affairs?
Whether you are hoping to provide for your family, preserve your business assets or structure a charitable giving strategy, the key to success is having the right estate plan in place. We can help you create a plan that meets your personal, family and business requirements. If you need a referral, we can introduce you to some of the best estate attorneys, trust officers, and financial advisors. As a CPA firm, we do not have attorneys, registered financial agents or insurance agents on our staff, so we work with your advisors and bring an independent view to your financial team.
Estate planning is more than just the calculation of a possible estate tax. Your overall plan will address financial matters such as:
- What is the value of my assets less my debts, so I know my net worth?
- What is the exit strategy of my business ownership?
- Will I have enough money to live comfortably in retirement or do I need to change my investment strategy?
- Do I have a possible Estate tax problem so I might need insurance?
- How can I help my children buy a home or start a business… Family gift vs. family loan?
- Should I buy long term care coverage for future medical needs?
- Should large charitable gifts be made during life, or through a will?
- If I am not able to handle my finances, how do I name someone?
You can be assured that we have your best interest at heart since we do not accept commissions, referral fees, sell any products, or recommend specific investments.
Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.Anthony Brandt