We are presently looking for a skilled Controller with ten+ years of experience and the desire for continued learning and growth. This position works closely with our Ownership team and is responsible for several key areas within the Accounting Department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, financial reporting, tax filings and payments, and payroll. The Controller works closely with the firm Treasurer on firm-wide financial policy setting, budgeting, problem solving and decision making. This opportunity incorporates the ability to exhibit strong accounting, communication, and prioritization skills, with the ability to build relationships with colleagues in a collaborative team-based environment.
Hagen, Kurth, Perman & Co., P.S. (HKP) based in Seattle, was established in 1974 by a small team of accountants dedicated to supporting clients by helping them navigate the increasingly complex world of public accounting. At HKP, you’ll be a trusted team member helping to provide the high-touch client service on which HKP was founded.
We are passionate about our relationships with our team and clients, and seeing our staff thrive in a continual learning environment. In 2023, we were named one of the Top 25 Accounting Firms in the Puget Sound by the Puget Sound Business Journal.
You should consider this opportunity if you are enthusiastic about client and colleague relationships, committed to integrity, and value continual learning.
Successful candidates thrive in this position when they:
- Have 10+ years of similar Controller experience.
- Demonstrate strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Are highly proficient in accounting software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving/analytical skills.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and a willingness to learn.
- Are cooperative, courteous, friendly, and professional in dealings with clients and coworkers.
- Follow instructions and displays good follow through.
- Can meet determined priorities and deadlines.
- Display flexibility to meet changing firm needs.
- Maintain high professional standards.
- Exhibit proactive and strong verbal, and written communication skills.
- Can maintain a spirit of cooperation, respect, and collaboration with others.
- Demonstrate professional, ethical, and trustworthy conduct.
- Show a stable employment history.
$130,000 – $145,000 DOE.
We will take care of you too, with benefits that include health/dental/vision, three weeks paid vacation, six-days of paid sick leave, a profit-sharing plan, a home wellness plan, 401K, CPE/educational opportunities, dress-for-your-day environment, mentorship program, company-wide volunteer time, and nine paid holidays a year. HKP offers a flexible, hybrid remote/in-office work environment. HKP supports pay equity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All employees and potential employees will be considered without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology, age, national origin, color, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, physical, or mental handicap or any other protected class. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, aptitudes, experience, and previous work record.
We appreciate your interest in our firm and in joining our team!
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to:
We will be in touch with qualified candidates for the next step. As the HKP team continues to work remotely at this time, interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.