2022: Tax Internship Opportunities
Are you on a CPA career path looking for an opportunity to join a well-established firm to gain valuable experience during the tax busy season?
This is your opportunity to gain valuable career development experience by collaborating with our tax accounting professionals who are interested in you and your future. We have limited temporary internship positions available for the upcoming tax busy season (1/17/22 – 4/15/22). You should consider this opportunity if you are enthusiastic about client relationships, enjoy building relationships with colleagues in a collaborative team-based environment, and value continual learning.
Hagen, Kurth, Perman & Co., P.S. (HKP) based in Seattle, was established in 1974 by a small team of accountants dedicated to supporting clients by helping them navigate the increasingly complex world of accounting. At HKP, you won’t be just another accountant – you’ll be a trusted team member helping to provide the high-touch client service on which HKP was founded.
We are passionate about our relationships with our team and clients, and seeing our staff thrive in a continual learning environment. In 2021, we were named one of the Top 25 Accounting Firms in the Puget Sound by the Puget Sound Business Journal, and one of the top 400 firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid work options
- Opportunities to gain hands-on tax experience with a variety of clients
- Small team environment, so your work has a big impact
- Collegial atmosphere with high degree of collaboration, not competitiveness
- Work directly with firm leaders, including Partners and Managers
- Multiple training opportunities, including top ranked industry software programs and CPE
- Increase your research and problem-solving skills
- Develop valuable connections within the industry
- Dress for Your Day environment
What you bring to HKP:
- At minimum, are working toward a bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master of Taxation or Accounting preferred
- Prior public tax accounting experience (doing taxes for other individuals, not companies) is a plus, not a requirement
- Licensed CPA or CPA eligible preferred, but not required
- Candidates must demonstrate a good understanding of double entry accounting, with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to work in a diverse team
- Savvy with software applications
- A reimbursement allowance towards monthly parking or a bus pass is available. The experience and end of season business opportunities are different each year; some seasonal staff have an opportunity to transition to full time status with HKP, others return to school or move on to other opportunities at the end of audit season with enhanced skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, and/or veteran status.
We appreciate your interest in our firm and in joining our team!
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We will be in touch with qualified candidates for the next step. As the HKP team continues to work remotely at this time, interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.